dooganized

blog of epiphanized

Tuesday 18 August 2009

Something happened in Malta

- I also wanted to call this blog Just Some Thoughts, as that's really what this blog is. But I decided to stick with this one. Just wanted to let you know that. Hah -

First off, not gunna apologise for not posting much recently. Everyone has moments like it and everyone always apologises on their return. Apologies are for the weak: But also, the truth is that the majority of you probably wouldn't have realised had I not said this. So yeah, here we go:

Okay, it didn't happen in Malta, but is a product of the amazing time I had there:

I realised how boring my life is at the moment.

I never used to find my job boring - you could even say I enjoyed it - but after coming back from 2 weeks in almost-paradise (I say 'almost' due to my newly obtained phobia of jelly fish: Malta is the first place I've been where I've known them to be around), I'm spending far too much time wanting work to be over. As it happens, I'm leaving in just over a month to start university. So luckily it's not really a big issue.

If I wasn't leaving, I know I would have been promoted by now - literally been told that - so I don't think it would be as dull as I'm currently finding it. But I wasn't even supposed to have a gap year, so I definitely wouldn't change my uni plans now. (I even turned down a £23k gap year job at Sussex Uni last year because I didn't originally want to take a one, but then things changed and I was forced delay uni... but by the time I knew, it was too late to take that job! :( Talk about being gutted.)

* * *

I've decided that I need to be successful in later life. Don't know how, I just have to be! I know it's lame, but when you sit in BA's first class and watch all the losers walk past you through to economy, you never want to fly economy again. Just one of the reasons I need to be successful, haha.

Despite this, I've also decided I'll never stick out a dull job (for too long) just for the money. Having money is undoubtably fantastic, but there has to be better ways of earning it than spending 8 hours a day, everday, somewhere you don't want to be. I genuinely believe that if you strive for success hard enough, it will come - at least for myself, anyway.

I never used to understand why my dad quit his very well paid job 12 years ago to start his own business (and end up struggling for a fair few years). Now I guess I do.

* * *

Writing this in the garden at the moment; such wonderful weather. Would love to be back in Malta, but at least I returned to a bit of sunshine. Had the day off work too today, due to hospital appointment, so I'm thankful for that too ^_^.

Just re-read all this blog so far and had a little think: to be honest, I'm probably being over dramatic. My jobs not all that bad, I think I'm just missing being on holiday too much!

I was also thinking how it would be nice to get away from England and go live elsewhere for a while. But unfortunately it's not that simple. England is dull due to it being where work/learning/dull things are based. Moving to a different country, one is forced to bring those things along and so I doubt it would be long before getting away from that country for a while would become tempting! I guess I could go back to the success thing: I would so love to be able to go on holiday loads of times a year, and then retire early to one big-ass holiday at the end of it all!

* * *

The phone is ringing.
I'm in the garden.
Fuck that. Probably not for me anyway.

* * *

Right. That will do for today. I've been having ideas for videos recently, wonder if I'll ever get round to them... (even one for my doog channel that has yet to have an actual video!)

Bye! x

4 comments:

Jeff Edelman said...

It's only natural to have a huge letdown when going from a great, long holiday, to go back to work. So that's normal. But that's good that you are ambitious. Keep that in mind the whole time you're at uni. You're smart enough to do well at school and still have lots of fun. Too many people screw up at school by only focusing on the partying and then put themselves at a disadvantage for their upcoming career. That's very exciting that you're going to uni in a month. Best of luck. You'll do fine.

Dom said...

I feel bad for not really reading your blog now you are one of the few who commented mine at a time where I think I needed to feel somebody at least was interested. I know it's not really a matter of returning the favour but I guess I just realised I read blogs of people I care far less about than you. We don't talk much, did a bit on msn but now I stick to skype, so I guess we will continue not to for the forseeable future.

Personally, and I've told you this before. I look at where you are in your life and I just think you've done so well to get to where you are and to lead the life you lead, I guess it's good you find it dull because that'll keep you hungry to go for something more and something you want to be doing, in caparison to my life, you are Richard Branson, but then I lead the life of someone living in a retirement which is mostly self inflicted through fear of the unknown. You either don't have that fear or are strong enough to get over the fear. That is a great thing to have.

You'll have many more holidays, this blog is most likely just a come down from a brilliant time with friends. I know a little bit what that's like but Malta did look gorgeous, would loved to have been there. Would like to go one day.

Anyway, this is long. so anyway, I may have said something encouraging or apologetic in there somewhere. That was the plan. Take care :)

Dale said...

Guess life is about doing what makes you happy, although with earning money i guess you have to have some compromise.

I turned down the oppertunity to be an architect, because i tryed it and it wasn't for me. No doubt I'd love the money and such that came with it, but i know I'd end up wanting to do something else.

Although:
"watch all the losers walk past you through to economy"

Thats a bit snobbish =p

doug said...

@Dale lol I know... but it's also true I'm one of the 'losers' 90% of the time xD

Architect also takes like 7 years of education! o_O

Post a Comment